Warehouse IT Support Engineer (m/f)
Ensuring that our warehouses are running smoothly is a crucial part of our entire operation, and that’s where Warehouse IT comes into play - we are a customer-focused extension of Corporate IT, dedicated to the usability and support of desktop computing technologies and related systems in the warehouse environment: new computer deployments, software review, installations and troubleshooting, and direct support of Wayfair staff/business units. Training and orienting staff on the use of technology is also part of the job, so you’ll be challenged daily on your customer service ability.
Wayfair is looking to grow our Corporate IT team by bringing on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our desktop computing and technical warehouse infrastructure as well as our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform.
The person in this position would provide support Sunday - Thursday in our 3rd shift from 20:00-5:00.
What You'll Do:
- Provide second and third-level support to our employees for all IT-related concerns, which includes supporting and troubleshooting technologies such as: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection, VOIP telephony, CISCO networking and our own proprietary software
- Prepare, repair and deploy desktop computers, warehouse technologies (such as wired and wireless scan guns, packing stations) and other office equipment
- Deploy software\imaging with System Center Configuration Manager added
- Maintain and expand edge network switchgear
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot daily batch and backup processes
- Help with the planning and deployment of new and upgraded products
- Help to seek out and implement ways to make systems and processes more efficient
What You'll Need:
- Current IT Support Experience ideally in a help desk/desktop or a service oriented role
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies and Active Directory experience, including Group Policy Objects and User Profiles
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization, including the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Familiarity with email, FTP and HTTP technologies
- SQL knowledge highly preferred; Scripting ability, using Powershell, VBScript or PHP is a plus
- Unix/Linux (particularly FreeBSD/CentOS) knowledge/interest is a bonus
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going, positive, people-oriented attitude and strong sense of humor
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment and having fun while doing it
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ENGR-INFR