Senior Product Manager, Global Design Systems
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we're building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We're tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we're a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Senior Product Manager of Global Design Systems, you’ll be responsible and accountable for building the framework of our design components, pattern library, and more in close partnership with our amazing Product Design leads. In your role, you will help bring the voice of the customer (both Wayfair customers and your fellow Product Managers) to help shape the strategy and roll-out of the pattern library for customer experience UX/UI. You will also be on point to help find ways to continuously evolve and stretch the design system to solve new/emerging customer problems for Wayfair, the Lifestyle Brands, and our International Experiences.
You will report to the Director of Product, Lifestyle Brands & International Experiences. The goal of this is to allow you to have direct line-of-sight into the teams that will most regularly be advancing the thinking of our design system in pursuing differentiated experiences and customer problems. You will also be the single point-of-contact and overarching project manager of changes to this system and roll-outs to the rest of our product management teams.
What You'll Do:
- Drive adoption of the global design system pattern library and proprietary component system (aka ‘Homebase’) across the Wayfair, Lifestyle Brand, and International customer experiences by partnering with our Product Design team and Product Management teams
- Build the roadmap for the Global Design System based on customer feedback and partner input in areas that help us scale, differentiate, and solve new customer problems
- Educate on and evangelize the usage of the Global Design System to your partner product managers, engineering teams, and cross-functional teams across Wayfair
- Collaborate with senior leaders and executives across Wayfair/Product Management to evangelize the vision and strategy for our Global Design System, gaining alignment and unblocking progress where necessary
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years Product management experience (a blend of product management and project management is a plus as this role has a heavy project management component)
- Experience as a developer or UX/UI/Product Designer
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Strong cross-functional partnership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: PMGMT