Value Added Services Manager (m/f)
With more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers (and growing!), Wayfair EU is embarking on a series of strategic supply chain initiatives that we believe will create a unique competitive advantage for our business. Given the huge diversity in the supplier landscape, supporting internal & external partners in packaging & quality improvements is integral to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Working in the Value Added Service Department you will improve our supply chain by allocating the correct solution per product. Further, this is a great opportunity to work directly in our logistics centers, being in direct contact with shipping, inventory and inbound teams. As part of the supply chain, our teams mission is to deliver an incidence free shopping experience and you will be at the heart of it.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep passion for product quality, warehouse processes, and supply chain to help drive this critical team for the company. With a mix of strategic planning and owning unique “on the ground” operations, this candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment that continues to evolve rapidly. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to shape one of our core operational functions in supply chain and logistics.
What You'll Do
- Strategic leader for European Value Added Services operations, further developing the roadmap for the overpack and quality control operations across our expanding European Castlegate distribution network
- Lead a team of Operations Specialists, responsible for the warehouse operations workflow for each Value Added Service team
- Implement & drive cost-effective overpack and quality control operations, maximizing productivity and space utilization while minimizing damage and costs
- Provide ongoing support for wider Supplier Partner Management Team, conducting supplier workshops, packaging evaluations and product quality feedback to drive comprehensive supplier incidence reduction
- Conduct site visits of Castlegate warehouses and local carriers to review key performance indicators and provide on-site training for management and warehouse staff
- Support cross functional initiatives as functional expert, working closely with Logistics, supplier operations, product management etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations/policies and other legal requirements
- Travel requirement: Ca.25% (as needed – Warehouses in Lutterworth UK and Kassel DE)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Strong experience in people management and managing teams in various locations
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Certification or relevant experience in lean operations management (e.g. Six Sigma Certification, Kaizen)
- Strong written and verbal communication – able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Extended logistics or supply chain knowledge a bonus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: