Associate UX Writer for Experience Design Team
Are you the first to flag when messaging doesn’t land, or “sing”?
Do people often come to you saying, “I need help making this less confusing”?
Do you believe that the right words at the right time can help solve customer problems?
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’d love to meet you.
We’re looking for a UX Writer to join our fast-growing Content Strategy team. You’ll be our go-to for clear, concise, and compelling messaging on Wayfair.com – striking a balance between an engaging and straightforward tone, and making meaningful connections in as few words as possible.
You’ll specialize in crafting conversations for user flows and UI elements – from landing pages and modals to success/error messages. And you’ll partner closely with SEO to optimize keywords for A/B tests. It’s an opportunity to demonstrate that word choice can make a huge impact on the user experience.
Ideal candidates are not only terrific writers, but also sought-after collaborators, savvy content marketers, and detail-oriented editors who work well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our millions of customers.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, concise, and compelling copy for new features and services
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop)
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while driving feature-specific tone and style standards
- Work cross-functionally with product designers (UX/UI), product managers, engineers, and merchandisers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
- Proactively recommend A/B copy tests, partnering with SEO to identify which keywords to leverage
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our website, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems and make our messaging even more compelling
Desired skills & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 1-3 years of professional copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation mapping skills, as well as an understanding of how to identify user problems
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and copy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
Note: Please be able to provide 2-3+ examples and samples of your content writing work or a portfolio. We are looking for examples that demonstrate your content strategy and thinking process.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.