Senior Associate Product Manager - Mobile Apps
Senior Associate Product Manager, Mobile Apps
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Over the past several years, Wayfair has been heavily investing to build the best e-commerce shopping app across devices to help consumers create a home they love, wherever they may be. These efforts have resulted in a highly-rated (4.8 stars on the App Store, 4.5 stars on Google Play), awarded (won the 2018 Webby for shopping), and featured (Apple App of the Day) experience. But our job is far from finished, with substantial opportunities to deliver against a bold app vision, grow user adoption, improve innovative features like View in Room 3D and Search with Photo, and invent the next wave of revolutionary experiences.
What You'll Do:
A day-in-the-life of a Senior Associate Product Manager is extremely self-driven and will include: translating customer problems into action plans, vetting customer feedback against analytics to opportunity size, assisting in sprint planning meetings and orchestrating the workflow, and sharing results across teams and senior leadership.
At their core, Senior APMs at Wayfair are strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they can have an immediate impact on critical business decisions. Senior APMs are strong communicators who are eager to learn, endlessly curious, take pride in hard work and are committed to rapidly advancing their careers.
The Senior Associate Product Manager will support the Mobile Apps team with the day-to-day product management responsibilities of a cross-functional mobile app team.
- Assist in the development of the product roadmap for your team.
- Write detailed user stories and requirements for product initiatives, and assist a cross-functional team of designers, manual testers, and engineers to bring them to life.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into platform enhancements and new features.
- Lead project planning and provide updates to stakeholders for cross-group & cross-departmental projects.
- Be able to support cross-departmental initiatives for the Apps and help prioritize the work.
- Evangelize mobile-specific features to company-wide that teams should be implementing for the benefit of our customers.
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to understand larger, department & company-wide initiatives.
- Help translate department initiatives into manageable, actionable components.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of Product Management experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Thorough understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a bias towards over-communicating
- You are extremely organized and can break efforts down into manageable pieces