Wayfair operates a growing 24/7/365 Production Operations Center, and we are looking for talented DevOps Engineers with great communication skills to join our team. We are a proactive group of engineers looking for candidates who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart not hard, and always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, find anomalies, fix issues and ask why things happen.
What You'll Do
- Respond to issues of all sizes, from major outages to minor alerts, and fix or escalate as needed.
- Work with subject matter experts to learn new skills and bring them “home” to the team.
- Create and tweak alerts to improve our monitoring.
- Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents.
- Solve problems and prevent them from happening again
- Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation.
What You'll Need
- Experience in DevOps, Site Reliability or a responsive engineering role, preferably for a Web service
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows administration
- Knowledge of version control software and concepts (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Excellent communication skills including ability to translate between “Engineering” and “Business”
- Monitoring platforms: DataDog, Zabbix, or similar
- Logging platforms: ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack)
- Time series data platforms: Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Caching technology: Redis, Memcached
- Configuration management tools: Puppet, Consul, SaltStack
- Ticketing systems: ServiceNow, Jira, or similar
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: