Northeast Process & Learning Specialist: Warehouse
We're a team of process & learning implementation rock stars on a mission to grow and standardize our business. We are looking for the best thinkers, speakers, executors, relationship-builders, and influencers out there to join us. The Home Delivery function at Wayfair falls in our broader Logistics organization and our group focuses on driving the culture of safety, standardization, and development to create the foundation to enable future growth for our business and our people. We are culture evangelists throughout our entire logistical network!
Operational Management (Warehouse)
- Can run and influence warehouse operations
- Identify & correct operational deficiencies utilizing available metrics and observations
- Seek understanding of inbound, outbound, exceptions, reverse logistics, loadout, quality, safety, process & diagnose root cause (awareness, training, feedback, coaching)
- Strong ability to navigate, interpret, and train on multiple Warehouse Management Systems.
- Can identify and work to correct existing and potential operational concerns
- Fills process gaps in function area and works to sustain operational process by putting together clear action plans for terminals; empowering DA ownership of needed tasks.
- Puts together clear communication and records of work completed. Escalates to management barriers, potential issues, or employee concerns.
- Ability to translate WMS systems into operational performances
- Full understanding of the “lifecycle” of the operation, both upstream and downstream, to make the best business and customer experience decisions as possible.
- In-depth understanding on Inventory & Quality Control, both physically and virtually, and how it impacts customer service, warehouse operations, and the customer.
- Synergize onboarding and process implementation for a new building launch
- Has full knowledge of processes for full time & temp employees as well as contractors
- Promotes and drives ongoing training based on site evaluations
- Understanding of cross functional roles to communicate & collaborate effectively
- Onboard the Warehouse Supervisor role using classroom and on-the-job training methods with fundamental leadership training
- Onboard new carriers
- Partner with “WHS Ambassadors” for week 3 + onboarding weeks
- Effectively communicate upward and downward on findings, onboarding progress, gaps, action plans, etc.
- Administer, drive, and support regionalized eOnboarding
- Analyzes and reports out on all training data and provides feedback to respective region
- Measure pre & post learning retention and provide a thorough retraining agenda as applicable
- Ability to identify a baseline and quantify the impact of support provided
- Facilitate professional development curriculum
- Drives Wayfair culture
- Serves as a SME for new and existing training content; reviews and edits as needed
- Facilitates virtual training sessions and ensures accurate documentation in Learning Management Platform (L@W)
- Awareness of resources to be able to suggest appropriate support methods