Wayfair is looking for a talented, self-motivated Operations Manager with demonstrated capabilities to streamline and optimize day-to-day operations for the Warehousing team. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The candidate must also be able to develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing Supervisors. The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges.
The ideal candidate is goal-oriented and comfortable with driving cross-functional collaboration across all building departments. They demonstrated success in driving results, mastering floor operations and insisting on quality. The ideal candidate has some project management experience and can balance analytical thinking with effective communication. This person also thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly.
The Operations Manager can work at both a tactical level (solving operational problems real-time, pivoting between projects quickly) while identifying and escalating strategic improvement opportunities for the overall success of the business
- Collaborate with Supervisor team in the warehouse to solve immediate day-to-day operational issues
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership as a trusted adviser.
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Manage, coach, develop team of Operations Supervisors.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Establishes sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience 5-10 years of operations management experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and develop, recommend, implement solutions
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.