Senior Product Manager -- Inbound Planning
Wayfair’s Product team attracts entrepreneurial, value-oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair’s S&OP function sits at the center of the company’s supply chain. We work closely with the demand-planning teams to project Sales volumes for each of the 14 million SKUs in Wayfair’s catalog. We then turn that projection into a supply chain plan across more than 100 facilities, projecting the impact of that volume on all network assets: warehouse yard space, door utilization, warehouse rack space, ocean freight, rail and trucking, labor, and more. Our work helps to identify potential bottlenecks and risks and delivers a smooth flow of goods throughout our entire supply chain.
This Sr. Product Manager role will focus on S&OP for Wayfair’s Inbound Forecasting team. Wayfair’s Inbound Forecasting team was designed with the supplier in mind: creating a product that leverages our scale, expertise, and advanced tech capabilities to analyze demand and forecast network wide throughput at the strategic, operational and tactical levels. Supply chain demand and throughput planning for this world-class network, will be the key to us delivering Wayfair suppliers a fully integrated alternative to traditional logistics services. This role is global in scope, spanning operations in Asia, North American, and the EU.
What You'll Do
- You will create dynamic Inbound forecasts that enable operating teams to effectively plan Labor (drivers, picker, etc.), Equipment (Forklifts, scanners etc.) and Facility (door, rack, truck, container etc.)
- You will partner with our Supply Chain Analytics and Operations Research teams to build models for various time periods, including for the next week, the next 21 days, the next 13 weeks, the next 12 months, and the next 3 years
- You will manage the core data platform that feeds other matrixed models, ensuring high quality data hygiene for all capacity and forecast-related inputs, and provide executive-level visibility into current and historical performance
- You will forecast expected volumes considering parcel size, warehouse capacity, labor plan and other constraints
- You will partner with operating teams to define thresholds for all critical throughput and demand KPIs, and incorporate into all network-wide scenario modeling systems
- You will work with Operating teams to capture actuals, measure performance and business impact to drive continuous improvement of all S&OP models over time
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience in Product Management and 1+ years managing Product Managers with a demonstrated track record of successful product development execution and ongoing impact optimization
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record (preferred quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- A strong academic foundation in mathematical problem solving via forecasting, probability and numerical analysis
- Experience in building and using Data Engineering, Data Science and Data Pipeline products/solutions
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for building functional and engaging user experiences
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced Agile organization
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL practices a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: