Senior Product Manager, Asia Consolidation Destination Optimization
Wayfair’s Product team attracts entrepreneurial, value-oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair’s Asia Logistics function sits at the vanguard of the company’s supply chain. We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that they can focus on creating new products to delight customers while we manage their supply chain for them. We leverage customer demand pattern to drive optimization of the supply chain from the origin right up to the customers doorstep. Our team’s goal is to be the first point of contact for all 14 million SKUs in Wayfair’s catalog and place them in the optimized location to enable faster shipping for customers and lower supply chain costs.
Wayfair is investing heavily in building its supply chain capabilities to deliver the most margin accretive speed to the end consumers . As part of the Castlegate Logistics inception, Asia Logistics fundamentally transforms Wayfair’s end to end supply chain paradigm by unlocking key aspects including enabling inbound freight arbitrage by removing the domestic positioning transportation legs, drive more SKUs (lower velocity) into castlegate speed program. This Sr. Product Manager role will focus on identifying the strategy & implementation plan to achieve these significant value adds. This will include working cross-functionally across the data science, forecasting, positioning and Asia Operations teams to operationalized optimized container load plans.
What You'll Do
- Work with our Analytics and Operations Research teams to create dynamic container load plans accounting for forecast variances per lane
- Drive understanding of how to mix different SKUs across customers to lower damage rate and increase throughput of each facility
- Iteratively build solutions to solve to operationalize container load plans accounting for different cost trade offs and customer impact
- Build workflow engines that drive a high-quality decision-making process across our supply chain leadership teams.
- Build design engine to create detailed container load plan to load containers with mis-shaped boxes; decide on benefits of build vs buy
- Identify potential bottlenecks and risks when comparing expected plans against actual execution, and help the organization develop plans to mitigate or eliminate these bottlenecks and risks.
- Manage a data platform, ensuring high quality data hygiene for all partner teams downstream of our work to ensure business continuity
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience in Product Management and 1+ years managing Product Managers with a demonstrated track record of successful product development execution and ongoing impact optimization
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record (preferred quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- A strong academic foundation in mathematical problem solving via forecasting, probability and numerical analysis
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for building functional and engaging user experiences
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced Agile organization
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL practices a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: