Sales Enablement Trainer
B2B Sales Trainer
Wayfair is seeking a Sales Trainer to be based in our Boston, MA office. This position will play an important role in supporting all aspects of the B2B sales functions, working as part of the Wayfair B2B Team. The Sales Trainer will partner with Sales Leadership to determine sales training priorities to ensure the highest impact. This includes training facilitation, partnering with subject matter experts and building new content for sales skills areas. This individual will support various training programs, including new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, and advanced sales skill training for Business Account Managers (BAMs) who work with larger accounts.
The Sales Trainer will also participate in coaching and manager development as well as other training as dictated by business needs. The Trainer will collaborate with both on site and larger department leadership to identify additional training requirements for both more and less tenured BAMs across all segments of the business. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in enterprise sales, sales enablement and project management with experience in high-level curriculum development. This role requires a well-rounded individual who has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a proven track record in sales, enablement, and sales onboarding training. This creative, self-starting candidate should have top-notch facilitation skills and the ability to work well with and gain the respect of the sales team members.
What You'll Do
- Identify training needs, developing materials and training staff. Includes initial orientation and new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, advanced sales skill training for BAMs who work with larger enterprise accounts and project-specific training. Primary audience will be BAM team members and managers, but may include other B2B support employees as needs dictate.
- Manage and monitor ongoing employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner, tracked for completion and measured for ROI
- Partner with existing Boston Sales Trainer, Sr. Training Manager and B2B Development Manager to identify actionable training needs of new (< 6 months) and tenured (> 6 months) Managers
- Design, develop and update training materials for classroom, e-learning and online use
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
What You'll Need
- Experience in training and enablement with a demonstrated track record of successfully executing advanced sales training and onboarding programs.
- Prior experience as a trainer in a classroom setting of a sales center with demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups
- 2+ years enterprise sales experience working with enterprise customers
- 2+ years training experience
- Proficient in delivering sales productivity tools and CRM training (Salesforce), instructional design methods, Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and experience with Brainshark as a plus
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills and flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic informationTag: SLS-B2B