IT Risk and Compliance Specialist
Wayfair is the online leader for home furnishings and decor. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Wayfair is a fast-paced environment and has been experiencing phenomenal growth.
As a member of our IT Risk and Compliance team you will be focused on the engineering aspects of SOX IT General Controls, PCI DSS, and Security Risk at Wayfair. An ideal candidate is able to explain requirements associated with various frameworks such as SOX and PCI and apply those requirements to a modern continuous-deployment software delivery organization. You will be responsible for identifying and evaluating risk, communicating identified risks to leadership, designing and implementing controls to mitigate risk. You can expect to work closely with various Engineering, Finance, and Project Management teams to achieve regular compliance milestones in a fast paced, agile technology environment. The risk team also manages the Risk Assessment program and drives program management for continuous improvement for our existing control program.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, deliver, and ensure compliance with various security programs and frameworks
- Gather and review evidence to support various IT audits and projects
- Act as a trusted liaison between Wayfair engineering and various internal and external auditors throughout the year
- Support risk assessments on business and technical processes and systems
- Document and maintain existing information security policies and IT control narratives
- Help execute control testing, identify gaps, and recommend remediation as needed
- Manage various compliance audit and project scope and schedules
- Document process maps and information flow charts
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years’ experience in a security risk or technology audit related position (Big 4 Risk Consulting preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated technical abilities and knowledge of IT Controls compliance (SOX/PCI)
- Strong desire to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions
- Ability to think critically and communicate with various levels within the organization
- Capable of understanding detailed technology infrastructure concepts
- Capable of understanding and developing basic SQL scripts and using them to gather and analyze data to drive decisions.
- Project Management experience preferred
- Professional audit and/or information security certifications preferred, but not required (CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Tag: ENGR