Associate Director, Supply Chain Planning & Strategy
Associate Director, Supply Chain Planning and Strategy
The Operations group at Wayfair is looking for an Associate Director of Supply Chain Planning and Strategy to join our team! This position is a key leadership role within a centralized forecasting and planning function that helps shape the strategy and execution of Wayfair’s rapidly expanding global supply chain. Within the role, you will apply your leadership and quantitative skills in a highly collaborative environment to meet business-critical supply chain challenges head on and ultimately propel Wayfair from a $6B company to $15B and beyond!
If you’re passionate about driving business impact by leading teams, applying cutting-edge analytical and forecasting techniques to complex supply chain decisions, and enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is the perfect role for you!
Who we are: Supply Chain Planning and Strategy is a centralized forecasting and capacity planning team serving the needs of the entire Wayfair asset-based network, including warehouses in US and Canada, middle mile fulfillment and transportation network, and last mile delivery services. Using complex analytical tools, we generate forecasts for inbound and outbound throughput, on-hand inventory, and short- and long-term capacity across the entire network.
What you will do: Reporting to the General Manager of Supply Chain Planning and Strategy you will:
- Build and lead forecasting and capacity planning teams to successfully provide strategic deliverables with high standards of quality, timeliness, and rigor to develop and maintain the trust of our internal stakeholders
- Champion and implement new forecasting and capacity planning processes to improve forecast accuracy and provide visibility to important capacity limitations for areas of the supply chain
- Define key business requirements and partner closely with the Supply Chain Analytics and Engineering teams to build forecasting and capacity planning models using complex analytical techniques and tools
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the entire fulfillment and transportation network to define, prioritize, and lead the implementation of key strategic improvement opportunities
- Partner with the Business Intelligence team to build tools and dashboards to communicate weekly and monthly forecasts to all stakeholders
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfair’s supply chain
- Model the flow of goods from supplier and Wayfair warehouses to our network of consolidations centers, cross dock facilities, and delivery agents to forecast inbound and outbound throughput at each point in the process
- Build a dynamic and predictive model to accurately forecast expected arrival times of domestic inbound trucks and containers inbound from Asia to all our warehouses based on expected transit times, lead times, dwell times at each leg of transit
- Design and implement a model to predict the impact from specific promotion events or email campaigns on outbound volume by warehouse at a daily and hourly level of granularity
- MBA or a Master’s degree from top tier school
- 8+ years of experience in preferably in management consulting, ecommerce, or other high growth environment
- 4+ years managing and building out teams
- Strong track record of working on analytical projects and settings
- Experience with implementing projects cross-functionally end to end
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to achieve objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and business-oriented stakeholders and cross-functional teams across all aspects of Supply Chain Planning
- Positive, people-oriented, and energized by working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.