Sr. Program Manager, Sales Innovation
Inbound Sales Innovation Leader
Are you passionate about business development? Do you identify yourself as a relationship-builder? Would you love to be part of rapidly growing company that is a leading eCommerce company in the world? If yes, keep reading about this exciting new sales leadership opportunity within Wayfair!
If you're unfamiliar with Wayfair- we are a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered out of Downtown Boston with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture. The B2C Sales organization is experiencing explosive growth, driving the need to support our customers in a myriad of channels while ensuring exceptional service and positive shopping experience.
As a result, the B2C Sales Innovation team is a newly formed strategic department, supporting Wayfair’s inside salesforce. The Inside Sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our B2C customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. Our customer-centric sales teams are in Utah, Texas, New York, and Massachusetts, Ireland and Germany.
People, Process, and Technology are the 3 pillars to Sales Innovation team.
In this new role, as the Head of Inbound Sales, you would oversee the inbound sales strategy (phone and chat) and own the identification of strategic opportunities to improve, elevate and execute on the end-to-end experiences of key customer journeys. As a driven leader, you will be challenged in this highly cross-functional role, working closely with Sales leadership, Product Management, and Data Science to grow the B2C sales channel.
Example of Projects:
- Develop a plan to expand chat across the sales organization. Currently chat is only available on a few key product classes, we are working on figuring out what is the long term operational and revenue model looks like. This project would look at the best places to make chat available on the Wayfair website, how to best coordinate it with phone CTAs and what growth, training and success looks like.
- Refine and elevate the way we route and talk with different customer segments. Design, Test and evaluate if different greetings, call flows and routing for new versus return customers creates a diffracted experience and leads to higher, NPS, Conversion and Customer Lifetime Value.
- Interact with inbound sales teams on delivery success, process improvements and solving challenges
- Partner with experts of the products to identify areas of opportunity
- Work with Category Managers to ensure alignment to marketing strategy
- Contribute to building the Sales Innovation department
- Convey innovative ideas that question status quo
- Develop ambiguous ideas, formulate the strategies, influence others, and execute to remedy complex problems
- Masters or MBA from top tier school desired with minimum 2 years management consulting experience.
- Minimum of 5 + years of progressive leadership experience managing teams, major projects, and business growth
- Management experience desired
- Proven track record of managing Sales team for eCommerce and/or technology company
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- A demonstrated record of project management and driving results
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Creative thinking with customer focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Sales and Service at Wayfair
The Sales and Service team is responsible for using our knowledge of the customer to deliver exceptional service and positive shopping experiences across phone, chat, social media, and other customer engagement channels. Our footprint is global with teams in Utah, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, Ireland, UK, and Germany. Sales and Service leadership team members are equal parts general manager and innovator. We write our own playbook for success and work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class pre- and post-sales support while always raising the bar for ourselves and the industry.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.