3D Viz Associate Director
3D Viz Creative, Associate Director
The 3D Visualization team is a rapidly growing and evolving division within Wayfair that is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drive innovation daily for Wayfair. Our team’s ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for Wayfair. We are looking for a Senior Leader to achieve our goals of producing beautiful and impactful imagery at scale.
The 3D Viz Creative, Associate Director will lead a large team of 100+ artists and several Art Managers, and must have experience managing a fast-paced, production oriented, technical 3D team. We are looking for someone who can not only motivate and inspire artists to produce great images, but also conceptualize and execute on process and technical work flows including headcount planning, goal adaptations and performance management. This leader will be critical to the team’s ability to scale and evolve with the business needs. It is the expectation that this leader will establish stretch-goals and milestones which consistently build the bench and increase both output and quality. Successful applicants will be highly-driven and comfortable with constant change and will be able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
In this role you will:
- Direct 3D art team output, including laying out the ground work and systems and best practices for new asset creation and technologies
- Manage and develop next generation image creation technologies; including, but not limited to real time and motion
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to ensure quality standards are consistently met on time, on budget and that we are always improving
- Work with business stakeholders to prioritize and manage and exceed delivery of expectations
- Identify, mentor and develop managing talent
- Knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray
- Strong management and presentation skills
- 7+ years managing large groups of technical 3D artists
- Ability to mentor teams’ work; including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- An interest in interior design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
• Wayfair - Everything home for every budget
• Joss & Main - Affordable discoveries for gorgeous living
• AllModern - Unbelievable prices on everything modern
• Birch Lane - Home of classic designs and fresh finds
• Perigold - The widest-ever selection of premium home
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people