Senior Manager, Strategic Projects
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
About the Role:
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial, driven, highly organized, and analytical leader who can both lead a direct team and marshal resources and secure buy-in from across the broader company. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. He or she will be responsible for analyzing, sizing, scoping and executing both technical and logistical solutions, and will align different operational groups to deliver results. He or she will be both a strategic thinker and process oriented. Due to the highly cross-functional nature of the role, this person must possess strong business acumen and be comfortable building rapport with and delivering updates to diverse audiences.
- Beginning with strategic thinking and deep data analysis: identify, scope, plan, and execute projects that enhance CastleGate’s value proposition and that drive process efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, lead, and report out on a many-project road map that supports CastleGate’s rapid growth.
- Manage a 4+ member team that reports directly, and a much larger number of people who come together in ad hoc groups to complete projects.
- Leverage strong quantitative reasoning and ability to dive into data to surface, size and prioritize Develop, implement, and improve operational strategy to support business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Report performance trends, impact assessment, and improvements to stakeholders and senior management.
- Prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Help define new and improve existing processes across functions
- This role has potential for high visibility right from the start
- Bachelor Degree with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- Ability to work cross-functionally and motivation to move beyond existing practices
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
And for more information, check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network!