Senior Design Lead, B2B Creative
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
The Wayfair B2B and Services Creative Team is responsible for creating all digital, video and print materials for the sector of Wayfair that partners with businesses to help make good spaces great. The B2B Creative team is seeking a creative and strategic design leader to drive high-profile creative strategy and forge trusted relationships with key stakeholders, all while guiding a super-talented team of creatives.
In this role, you will shape the look and feel of the Wayfair Professional brand and direct a growing team of designers of all levels. The role requires someone who can partner with both creatives and cross-functional leaders, and is a strong manager-doer.
In order to be considered, you must include a link to your portfolio or a PDF of work samples.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of designers of varying levels.
- Develop and maintain the brand’s design standards to drive brand consistency and evolution.
- Collaborate with marketing partners on the brand’s overall strategic direction.
- Review and thoughtfully critique your team’s work, providing actionable feedback and helpful suggestions.
- Maintain seamless communication with partners on other teams, effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!), and use that information to guide creative decisions.
- Provide innovative creative solutions that both elevate the brand and engage customers.
- Think critically to drive efficiency, strategically planning work that can be used across multiple channels and media.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years relevant experience, preferably for an agency or e-commerce brand
- 3+ years management experience
- Deep customer instincts and ability to “think like a customer”
- Passion for the home space and e-commerce
- Left- and right-brained ability to solve problems
- Collaborative, energetic attitude and an ability to inspire a culture of positivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, graphic design, or a related field. (Equivalent training experience also considered.)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.