Director of Product Management, Shopping Aisle Pages
Wayfair is looking for a senior Product leader to build industry-leading digital shopping experiences in the core of the Wayfair purchase funnel. The Director of Product Management for Shopping Aisle Pages will lead the team that ensures customers can confidently find, evaluate, and select products through data-driven innovation of the Wayfair Browse and Product Detail Page experiences and enablement of dozens of other product teams building features on the underlying technologies. This role will touch every one of Wayfair’s 12 million global active customers and contribute to every purchase making up the $6B revenue coming through our sites and apps.
At the heart of this role lies a really hard question: how can we perfect the shopping experience for millions of customers shopping a catalog with millions of diverse, often complex products (e.g., grills, beds, wall art, rugs, flatware) in ways that are simple and cohesive on the front end, and scalable on the back end?
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumer around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on high-profile initiatives, and oversee large and fast-growing cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists.
Build and maintain key products that accelerate customer engagement by owning all aspects of the Browse & Product Detail Page experiences:
- Set vision for the Browse and Product Detail Pages driving innovation of core ecommerce paradigms that delights users and grows the business
- Be an inspiring and humble leader for fast-growing team of Product Managers (and cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and designers); build strong team culture and develop exceptional talent; current organization of 8 PMs (Associate Director & Senior PM level reports) growing to 10-15 PMs in the coming year; total dedicated partners include ~50 Engineers, 4 Product Designers, and 6 Analysts with plans to scale with growth in the product team.
- Work closely with the executive team and senior leaders from across Wayfair to ensure the vision for the core shopping aisle aligns with broader company strategy; be a passionate advocate for the customer throughout the organization
- Enable product managers and merchandisers throughout Wayfair to build on top of the Browse & Product Detail technologies while maintaining speed and stability
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
- 10+ years Product management experience (including 3+ years ecommerce product management experience), or those with exceptional leadership and business experience looking to make a transition from consulting and other industries into ecommerce
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences; strong web or app UI/UX experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.