Director, Operations Product Innovation
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to reinvent the tools currently used by over 30,000 internal and external users to drive shared performance outcomes for us and our over 7,000 supplier partners. The right leader will drive a roadmap of product work, allowing Wayfair to play an ever increasing role in helping our suppliers to manage and grow their business.
Reporting into the VP of Operations Product Innovation (OPI) and leading a team of product managers, this individual will work with teams across the company, including leaders from Category Management, Supplier Operations, Merchandising, Engineering, Sales & Operations Planning, and Fulfillment and Logistics. The scope of impact is broad, with accountability for developing and maturing a shared vision for supplier products across entire supplier relationship lifecycle that drives increased supplier engagement by streamlining operational task work, improving user coaching and support, and providing unique insight to supplier executive users to propel growth for their business.
This role will lead a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. The leader will also be a key contributor to our supplier engagement strategy, challenging current models of support, and establishing new approaches made possible through product innovation. The products you build will be a key driver in the growth and success of our supplier partners.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a user-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for B2B collaboration and performance management tools in ecommerce.
- Develop and align the organization around an integrated and continually updated vision for Wayfair's transportation and freight products used by suppliers and internal users
- Drive the development of product roadmaps across B2B supplier collaboration, supplier systems integration, and internal customer relationship management tools through a team of product owners
- Deliver an ongoing stream of supplier facing product innovations that improve KPIs related to product catalog quality and completeness, product availability, order fulfillment success, pricing and event effectiveness, and supplier user satisfaction in collaboration with business and engineering teams
- Transform the supplier facing product support model, including user onboarding, training, in-application coaching and live support, and 360 degree views of supplier interactions and activities
- Build and develop a team of user-centric high-performing product managers
- 7-10+ years' experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation, ideally in a consulting, retail or high complexity B2B market
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Demonstrated success in aligning of vision and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments
- Application of product design mechanics in multi-user applications (ex. operational, executive, internal users)
- Effective results in building and transforming product management teams
- Development and delivery of solutions in highly technical and quantitative domains
- Introduction of product into mobile channels to effectively change customer behavior
- MBA from top tier school or equivalent experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.