Strategic Talent Sourcing Manager
Why Wayfair: The people, culture, and day-to-day of “A Zillion Things Home”
Headquartered in Boston, Wayfair is a rapidly growing technology company focused on all things home. We offer employees exciting work in a fun and dynamic environment that encourages learning and growth. We want to meet motivated individuals who are interested in working in the e−commerce industry.
By joining our onsite team, you will work at the intersection of talent, marketing, and strategy as we seek to grow our talent capabilities. This work is fun and if you want to work in a fast-paced, “do smart things to win” environment, Wayfair could be the place for you.
What is Strategic Talent Sourcing? We want to make Wayfair undeniable.
At Wayfair, our strategic growth is directly dependent on our ability to consistently find, attract, and hire the highest caliber talent in the world. Without top talent, we’re unable to launch new initiatives and execute on big bets. Critical to achieving success in this area is a proactive, repeatable, and predictable candidate development engine that overfills talent supply in areas that seek to hire at scale.
The Strategic Talent Sourcing team (STS) enables Talent Acquisition to find and attract this talent across the business and create candidate experiences that are seamless and impactful. Unlocking potential is key to this work and your visionary acumen will help candidates see the connection between their background and the strategic work we are doing in talent.
How We Work
The Strategic Talent Sourcing team has three main goals: to Generate Talent, Nurture Talent, and Analyze Talent. Here’s a snapshot of these three:
- Provide consistent supply of quality candidates to enable business growth through partnering with both internal recruiters and hiring managers and developing relationships with third party providers and agencies to help boost essential talent funnels
- Engage and maintain attraction of talent while boosting Wayfair’s employer brand through online presence, recruiting events, and executive roadshows
- Enable intelligent business and strategy decisions through better understanding of talent markets and recruiting trends
- Leverage emerging and best-in-class technologies to increase the effectiveness of talent discovery, attraction, assessment, and measurement
And the Strategic Talent Sourcing Manager?
As the Strategic Talent Sourcing Manager, you will work to help STS achieve its hiring goals through effective sourcing initiatives and pilots that you will spearhead. You will interact with and manage stakeholders inside and outside talent acquisition while acting as a team leader for STS. The STSM will demonstrate an executive presence and be a fountain of knowledge for how best to discover, attract, and hire the best talent for Wayfair.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Getting the lay of the current TA land
- Assisting in end-phase CRM Implementation
- Partnering with new stakeholders and outside agencies to scale talent funnels
In 3 Months
- Implementing TA-wide candidate personas
- Piloting candidate texting technology
- Optimizing job advertising through technology partnerships
In 6 Months
- Overseeing the nurturing of and content creation for key talent communities
- Developing pilots for candidate pre-assessment technologies
- Synchronizing consumer data with talent data
Who You Are
- Curious, analytical, and tactical
- You love to take on challenges and get a thrill when you solve them
- You exude executive presence and can interact and communicate with anyone in the room
- An effective leader
- An exceptional project manager
- You have an excellent track record of 5+ years’ experience in demand generation, talent acquisition, growth marketing, or another relevant realm
- You're located or willing to relocate to Boston in order to work in our beautiful Back Bay office space.
What Wayfair Can Offer You
- A supportive environment that demands iteration and fresh thinking – we hustle and take calculated risks. Even if they fail, we learn and make our next attempt even better.
- An open office plan with no cubicles in sight. We love collaboration and, with a flat organization, encourage push back.
- Endless opportunity – upwards and lateral movement are essential at Wayfair. Our dedicated Learning & Development team offers endless classes on essential business and technical skills to further your professional development.
- A stake in the success of one of the world’s most admired companies and the ability to make a literal impact on its growth
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.