Analytics Project Manager
About the Team
The Analytics Program Management team is on a mission to bring efficiency, visibility, structure, and process to our organization. We are a team of pragmatic, action-oriented project managers who are focused on creating the right balance of support, prioritization, and streamlining to help our teams achieve their goals. Our team is strategically aligned to support the Business Intelligence Group, acting as catalysts to help deliver targeted analytics and actionable insights to a diverse set of stakeholders.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to embed yourself in a team of technical analysts and own key processes that help the team execute on key initiatives faster, more accurately, and more effectively. You will develop vital leadership skills, have the opportunity to partner with key leaders across multiple functions, and hone highly desirable Agile Methodology and Project Management skills.
Project focus can vary across People, Process, and Technology. See below for sample projects:
- People: Establishing a comprehensive onboarding and professional development program for an organization of 200+ employees
- Process: Owning the operational management of a team of technical analysts, leading regular check-ins, work estimation and planning processes, retrospectives, managing a backlog of requests, and implementing performance metrics to create visibility of team throughput, work allocation, resourcing needs, or areas for improvement
- Technology: Leading the migration of database servers while mitigating against data loss and disruption to daily operations
What you will do
- Leverage Project Management processes, frameworks, and best practices to effectively execute key cross-functional projects from kickoff to completion. To include: initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, and coordinating all activities while diligently working to ensure all project deliverables are on track, on time, and in scope
- Create and maintain essential project management artifacts, to include: Business Requirements Documents, project plans, and timelines
- Demonstrate leadership by serving as a key liaison between our technical build partners and business stakeholders; own all communication & reporting on project status, deliverables, key decisions, action items, and risks
- Proactively identify and mitigate inter-project and inter-team dependencies and risks
- Support the spirit of continuous improvement by defining new and/or augmenting existing processes across all functions
- Deploy the right balance of assertiveness and collaboration, leveraging an analytical mindset to relentlessly focus on value creation and return-on-effort
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record; 1-5 years of applicable working experience
- Experience in a dynamic fast paced environment or startup
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and succinctly summarize roadblocks, identify and implement solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Point of view that is pragmatic, process-oriented, and unafraid of ambiguity
- Self-driven motivation with a bias towards action; Strong sense of curiosity and adaptability
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Degrees or work experience in the following fields: Industrial or Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Project Management, Product Management
- Experience working alongside software developers or technical analysts
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and tools like JIRA, SQL, and MS Project
- PMP certified or Six Sigma/Green Belt
What we offer
We offer a fun, dynamic, and diverse work environment where casual dress is encouraged and corner offices—or any offices—are nowhere to be found. Everyone is a hands-on contributor and empowered to take smart risks, embrace ownership, and take every opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.