Head of EU Workplace Services (M/F)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
We have an urgent role for a Head of EU Workplace Services to be responsible for the operation and expansion of Wayfair’s sites in Berlin, London and Galway seating over 1,000 employees. This role will supervise the local management of the German as well as London and Galway offices, with the objective of providing a consistent and excellent employee experience. Versatility is essential, because your responsibilities will span from day to day building operations to strategic planning around premises.
- Leading facilities teams across Wayfair’s European locations to provide a consistent and excellent day-to-day employee experience
- Directing the delivery of essential services such as maintenance, cleaning, security, mail, catering, and recycling, among others
- Coordinating and overseeing the build out and move in processes for new office openings
- Planning space allocation and utilization with senior executives
- Selecting and managing vendors and contractors
- Overseeing compliance with health and safety requirements
- Partnering with Human Resources, Real Estate, Finance and other business teams to meet broad company objectives
- Managing expenses and service levels, using data to demonstrate effectiveness and ROI
- Sufficient experience in Facilities Management or Hospitality industry
- Track record of team leadership in multi-office environments with high complexity and volatility
- Experience managing office construction and fit out projects
- Bachelor Degree in business, real estate or facilities management
- Senior presence; able to work side-by-side with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German is desirable.
- Some travel to current and future European locations required
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 peopleWayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.