Sr. Product Design (UX) Manager- Computer Vision
Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask “Why?”
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’ve got to meet.
We’re the product design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we’re solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
As a Senior Product Design Manager for Wayfair Professional, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of designers in solving exciting customer problems for the fastest-growing segment of our business. We need your help in championing these professional customers—learning about their behaviors and industries, understanding their motivations and pain-points, and ultimately defining the optimal Wayfair shopping experiences for both SMB and Enterprise businesses. As the manager of your team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow the careers of young talent and learn from an intelligent and ambitious group of product managers, engineers, researchers and analysts.
Wayfair has been actively experimenting with innovative visualization technologies including Computer Vision, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality for the last few years. These technologies are strategically important for us because they give us the ability to solve core user problems (for example, “Will these products look good with my existing furniture?” “Will it fit in my space?”) in elegant and scaleable ways.
We’re looking for a senior Product leader who is passionate about deploying these technologies to create magical e-commerce experiences for millions of consumers across the world. Reporting to our Head of Product, this role will lead product strategy and development for our rapidly growing Computer Vision and Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality platforms across all of Wayfair’s brands and geographies.
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, influence the roadmaps of our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), and grow our existing cross-functional teams of experienced product managers, software engineers, data scientists, product designers and analysts.
What you’ll do:
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for our Computer Vision and Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality platforms. This will include a combination of building and owning some features directly (e.g., our Search with Photo product), and enabling a large number of other teams to build new features/tools on top of our platforms.
- Partner closely with senior executives in (our internal advanced R&D team), 3D Operations and Product to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, decision-making processes, communication processes and product delivery. You will be a core part of a senior cross-functional leadership team.
- Grow a product team. You’ll inherit a team of ~5 PMs working with ~25 dedicated engineers, data scientists, product designers and QA. We have budget approval to double the team over the next 9-12 months; our cross-functional partner teams, including Wayfair Next and 3D Operations will be growing significantly as well. You’ll grow the team, and ensure the team has a high degree of psychological safety and impact orientation.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- Help us continue building our external reputation as an innovative tech company through public speaking, engaging with our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), developing content and attending industry events.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A leader and mentor of design teams comprised of varying experiences and backgrounds
- A motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
Who you aren’t:
- A perfectionist
- A ‘yeah, but’er’
This is an awesome opportunity to make interior design affordable for all customers and grow business for local interior designers. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.