Associate, New Supplier Partnerships
Title: Buyer - Associate, New Supplier Partnerships
Looking for a company that inspires and challenges you, where you can be part of a collaborative and driven team? Wayfair is looking for an outgoing, ambitious, and entrepreneurial individual to join our team! Help us grow one of our many home categories and revolutionize the way people shop for their home.
You will begin your career as a Buyer on the Central Buying team where you will be responsible for sourcing and onboarding new accounts within a specific product category. Your duties will include building relationships, negotiating terms, attending trade shows, and onboarding new suppliers to Wayfair. During your experience as a Buyer, you will gain a full understanding of the Wayfair brand, our core customer, and how and why manufacturers partner with us.
After ~6 months as a Buyer, based on performance and role availability, you will be eligible to transition to the Category Management team as a Category Associate. In this role, you personally will manage a portfolio of suppliers and act as their main point of contact, unstoppable problem-solver, and dedicated business partner.
As a Category Associate you will apply your previous Buyer knowledge to grow your supplier’s business on Wayfair.com. You will: negotiate business terms, collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive results that benefit the supplier, the customer and Wayfair, develop and manage supplier relationships, and own the business/financial analytics for your suppliers.
You’ll strengthen your communication skills and develop world class dinner survival skills by attending trade shows in hot spots like New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando.
As a Category Associate, you will gain senior level visibility and exposure throughout Wayfair. Category Management alumni hold leadership roles across the Category Management, International (UK, Germany, Canada), Brand, Business Development, AllModern, Inventory Planning, Storefront, Joss & Main, Catalog Improvement and Media Sales teams.
- Onboard new suppliers to Wayfair
- Manage and drive strategic supplier partnerships
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing, warehouse stock programs, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Lead meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and grow the partnership
- Travel to trade shows with your Category Manager and Director of Category Management (4-6 trips per year)
- Analyze data to identify untapped opportunities and propose potential solutions
- Identify assortment gaps and provide product insights
- Gather competitor and market trend knowledge to make strategic decisions
- Identity and execute on merchandising improvements
- Strategize with cross-functional teams to align and drive category goals (Promotions, Lifestyle Brands, Site Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Advertising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
What we are looking for:
- 0+ years in e-commerce, retail merchandising or business setting with related experience
- A desire to collaborate with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Interest in developing negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Ability to accept and act on managerial feedback
- Desire to be part of a team
- Professional, bright, and customer-focused
- High-energy and outgoing personality
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.