Wayfair is looking for an iOS architect to join our team. We have a team of 25 iOS engineers and we are looking to add an architect who will be a leader within our framework team to write great code and positively shape code frameworks and quality processes. Wayfair's iOS apps for Wayfair, Joss & Main, and AllModern have over 100,000 users per day and account for over $100M in revenue per year.
- Be a major contributor to app architecture and the team's technical direction by influencing team coding and quality practices.
- Write high quality Swift code. Contribute to Wayfair’s open source iOS projects.
- Work with the team to create new iOS apps and write new features and UI in our existing iOS apps.
- Build delightful user experiences with beautiful UI, engaging animations, and optimal performance.
- Provide mentorship and leadership for code consistency, good architecture practices and effective unit/UI testing.
- In depth understanding of Swift and Objective-C design patterns. We'd like to see 5-7 years of hands on coding experience.
- Significant experience with the iOS SDK.
- A proven ability to work in a large team and improve the codebase.
- Proven debugging and performance testing skills.
- Performed code/architecture reviews.
- Educated and mentored team members. Set technical standards.
- Contributed to open source projects.
- Great communication skills and a sense of humor.
- A desire to be part of an excellent mobile team.
- Several apps already listed in the app store.
- Experience writing apps that consume RESTful services.
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture.
- Knowledge of SQL and a web language like PHP, Python, Java, or C# is a plus.
- Experience writing apps for retail is a big plus.
A Few of the Perks:
- Be part of a team of great iOS developers.
- Have a measurable and highly visible impact on the revenue of a multi-billion dollar public retail giant
- Amazing company culture where we try new things, measure results, and actually have a work-life balance too.
- Equity grants.
- Check out our open source projects: https://github.com/wayfair.
- Check out our iOS apps: https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/wayfair-llc/id525522335.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.