3D Artist - Wayfair Labs
3D Artist - Wayfair Labs
Wayfair is introducing a three-month Lab program for finding and developing 3D Visualization talent. Candidates will have some relevant experience, but will receive training and have the opportunity to prove out their skill sets and ability to learn. Passion, drive, and the desire to constantly improve are key characteristics of our 3D artists. The tool set Wayfair uses includes: 3D Studio max, V-Ray, Marvelous Designer, and Photoshop.
This launching pad will expand your skills through training while giving you the opportunity to earn a spot on our rapidly growing team. Successful Lab graduates will join the 3D Visualization team which works on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. Your tasks will include creating virtual lighting and cameras, rendering beautiful imagery, and occasional modeling and texturing.
What You'll Do
- Create photo-realistic renderings of Wayfair’s home décor items
- Work with 3D Stylists weekly to create compelling imagery for online and promotional use
- Model, UV, texture and light home décor assets
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- High degree of comfort with constant change
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work against a deadline
- Great communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- High level of computer literacy
- We will need to see a portfolio which shows mastery of at least 2 of the following: 3ds max, 3D-Coat, Blender, CAD, Corel Painter, Cry Engine, Fusion 360, HDSLR, Inventor, iRay, KeyShot, Lightroom, Mari, Maya, Marvelous Designer, Mental Ray, Modo, Mudbox, Photoshop or other digital painting / compositing program, Revit, Sketchup, SolidWorks, Unity Engine, Unreal Engine, V-Ray, or ZBrush
- Experience with 3ds max and V-Ray
- Demonstrated ability to create photo-realistic renderings from 3D models
- Knowledge in lighting & texturing & materials
- Knowledge of photography and cameras
- Knowledge of color theory, principles of design, composition
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.