Wayfair Professional – the B2B line of business – is looking for an operator and strategist to grow the existing B2B customer revenue. B2B is one of the largest parts of Wayfair’s business, which includes providing furniture and furnishings to a wide array of industries: from property managers to hotels to interior designers and more. If you want to have business impact in a strategic part of Wayfair’s business and are looking for revenue/team responsibility, this is the role for you. Wayfair Professional is the rocket on top of the rocket, growing at twice the rate of Wayfair in a wide-open space with no serious incumbent. The aim is to grow this into a multi-billion-dollar revenue function within Wayfair Professional.
You are the general manager for three different functions in Wayfair Professional: (i) the loyalty program (ii) the email personalization program (iii) other retention notifications. To be successful you will need to be an innovator, an operator, a leader and a strategist. You will work in one of the most cross-functional roles to drive the B2B agenda, which includes working with data science, creative, platform technology, operations and sales. Your analytical rigor and insight will be second-to-none – Wayfair’s competitive advantage is analytics.
Customer growth & marketing sits at the hub of B2B driving the revenue of the business directly. The role will report directly into the CMO for the B2B business.
- Paint the strategic vision for and articulate the B2B retention strategy
- Help the team articulate and shape detailed roadmaps for all the retention channels
- Be accountable for the revenue performance of all retention channels
- Ensure the team executes complex technology flawlessly
- Cultivate the world-class B2B customer growth function – including high performance managers and their reports
- Champion the direction of the B2B business with multiple senior stakeholders and ensure B2B is #1 or #2 on their agenda
- Build out the marketing to support new products and services to be launched under Wayfair Professional
- Bring new innovations and channels to B2B retention
- Be a thought-partner to the CMO of the B2B business
- 10+ years of experience in a highly data-driven environment (consulting, private equity, investment banking, etc.)
- MBA strongly preferred
- Experience managing mid-to large-sized high performance teams
- Extreme comfort with modeling and analysis, particularly Excel (more than vlookups!). This person will need to think big picture strategy and dive deep into the data.
- Unparalleled cross-functional influencing style at senior levels – while giving stakeholders confidence in your knowledge and demeanor
- Genuine passion for technology platforms and/or e-commerce – you like reading about this stuff
- Appreciation for the role of ‘creative’ in retention communications
- SQL an added benefit
- No travel required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.