Sr. Experience Designer- B2B
Are you constantly dissecting the experience of your favorite apps? Have you passively solved the push/pull door dilemma on your own? Is a good day one where you’ve learned something new? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask “Why?”
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’ve got to meet.
We’re the Experience design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we’re solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
We’re hiring for a Senior Experience Designer within our growing B2B team. The Senior Experience Designer is responsible for executing the design strategy for B2B team. Your strong experience in designing digital experiences will ensure a more successful process for our B2B clients.
This role will expose the candidate to both unique XD design challenges and the opportunity to make a huge impact Wayfair’s ROI. The team is growing and many more resources are going to be invested in the B2B team. This means the candidate has the unique opportunity to help shape where Wayfair Professionals will go in the near and far future.The B2B clients are diverse and we are constantly working on personalizing the experience for their unique industry-specific needs. Such industries include; hospitality, office, build & renovate, education, and more. we are constantly looking to know them better, and design for their unique needs.
We’re looking for a strong product thinker who can clearly communicate their ideas at a broad level, as well as dive into the details to help our product teams deliver world-class products and services. Pairing your ability to identify core problem statements with your approach to crafting experiences that leave customers anticipating their next interaction will provide the catalyst for great design to happen.
What you’ll do:
- Raise the bar for product design at Wayfair
- Leverage customer feedback to craft workflows that are joyful to complete
- Contribute to and lead the design agenda
- Keep an eye on the greater picture across the experience
- Create and design a more customized experience for enterprise-level clients
- Improve the storefront experience and help our B2B clients find and purchase the products they want.
- Participate and create dynamic deliverables in competitive research, usability research, creative exploration/iteration on both low and high fidelity designs, UX troubleshooting in a fast and agile working environment.
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions
- Collaborate and build relationships within product design as well as our product and engineering teams
- Contribute to and utilize a design system to get your ideas in front of customers faster and grow consistency in their experience
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A coach who enjoys helping others learn new things
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
Who you aren’t:
- A perfectionist
- A ‘yeah, but’er’
This is an awesome opportunity to contribute your talents to a highly skilled design team and craft solutions that will lead our industry. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.