Sr. Project Manager for Product Design Team (Design Systems)
As a project manager for the Wayfair Design Systems team, you’ll work alongside Product Designers, Front End Developers, and Product Managers to facilitate and drive project schedules/milestones, foster cross functional relationships, and supply tactical production coordination for cross-team launches. Our ideal candidate excels in interpersonal communication and relationship building, and thrives in the face of ambiguity and complexity.
Who you are…
- An excellent communicator across all mediums and are able to clearly articulate rationale, dependencies, and priorities, with the proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
- A quick study of platforms and infrastructure who understands the dependencies between each
- A devil’s advocate who is confident to speak up when there are sound alternatives to consider
- A systems thinker, able see how all parts fit together and how small changes propagate throughout the system. Pursues scalable solutions over one-off fixes.
- Both autonomous and collaborative, possessing a strong bias towards action
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Experienced with Jira, Confluence, Hansoft, Favro or other project management software
- Comfortable working on a centralized team or a service provider to a larger organization
What you’ll be doing…
- Establishing and cultivating trust and developing partnerships across the entire product organization
- Coordinating plans and schedules for system projects, tracking team workloads and capacity, and managing and maintaining the team’s ticketing systems
- Communicating system updates, changes in scope, and timeline expectations as they impact our cross-functional partners and their projects
- Iterating on process to improve team velocity, develop a predictable release cadence, and increase the organization impact of the Design System
- Providing organizational insight and context that helps the team quickly and decisively resolve priority, timing, and scoping issues and mitigate other risks
- Facilitating weekly meetings, sprint planning and retrospectives as well as assisting with the coordination of team events such as our office hours and team workshops
- Tracking system usage across the organization, helping to highlight potential areas for improved efficiency, consistency, or scalability
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.