Merchandising Operations Specialist
Merchandising Operations - Specialist
Wayfair’s Merchandising Operations team is looking for an innovative and collaborative person looking to make an immediate impact on customer and supplier experience. You will be joining a team of individuals tasked with building and maintaining a best-in-class online product catalog. This is a role for someone who thrives working on multiple work streams, has a willingness to get to the bottom of ambiguous challenges and is looking to hone their project management skills.
What you will do:
- Be a leader who develops action plans and proactively communicates performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Work cross functionally with site merchandising, buying and external vendors to identify and execute on high priority, high impact projects
- Use data and creativity to identify and advocate for innovative process improvements
- Be solution oriented and able to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decision making
- Drive customer satisfaction and trust by improving the quality of our product catalog
- Evaluate existing processes for efficiency opportunities and produce new, technology driven processes
- Stay organized while pivoting and refining strategies as priorities evolve over time
- Bachelor’s degree from top tier school
- 2-4 years’ in a relevant professional field with project or people management experience
- Proven track record in taking ownership and delivering results within a fast-paced environment
- Willing to dive deep to obtain a strong understanding of business strategy and bottom line goals
- Passionate about improving customer experience
- Effective verbal and written communicator able to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment
- Extensive knowledge of Excel required
- Technical background, or technical orientation (experience with SQL a plus)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.