CastleGate Strategic Account Leader
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
As part of our team, you’ll have the ability to:
- Work closely with Senior Leadership on the CastleGate and Wayfair teams to help identify suppliers that fit our high volume goals and pitch the program.
- Develop and execute transformational eCommerce brand strategies crucial to our logistics solutions and future business strategy.
- Hone your general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, and supply chain. And you will develop world class dinner survival skills in “hot spots” like Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, and Orlando.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Senior Manager to help us build a profitable business within CastleGate servicing the full outsource of all ecommerce fulfillment for major consumer brands. In this role, you will be building relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance the business agenda for supporting this growing area of the CastleGate business. You will own the relationships with strategic suppliers that have potential high volume eCommerce businesses and can create efficiencies in our supply chain by utilizing CastleGate to support their business
In this role, you will develop a close understanding of the eCommerce space for prominent consumer brands, identify solutions and services that will fit with the CastleGate business model, develop pricing structures, negotiate business terms and manage the supplier’s businesses once they have joined the program
The Leader must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will be a self-starter with passion for eCommerce, and a creative problem solver. You will be responsible for setting the business goals of this area of the program and driving execution.
This is a great opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair. Standout Account Managers rapidly build experience and exposure that leads to a senior management career trajectory.
A successful Leader within CastleGate Strategic Account Management is:
- Someone with a strong senior presence, able to speak to executives, both internally and externally
- Successful in negotiations, particularly in a consultative approach to problem solving and with a strong ability to pivot real time
- Someone who is able to juggle multiples goals and initiatives effectively
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly
- Able to balance analytical thinking with effective, persuasive communication
- Able to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Able to solve problems in a creative and effective manner
- Able to take ownership and drive results
- Comfortable with ambiguity
As a Leader within CastleGate Strategic Account Management you will:
- Develop strategy for how to approach and build this area of the business
- Build strong relationships with potential suppliers and gain insight into how we can support their future plans in eCommerce
- Manage existing 3PL relationships and identify areas of opportunity in the existing service offering
- Work with warehouse and industrial engineering team to identify opportunities and approaches for supporting increased volume
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product to build new supplier relationships (4-8 times per year in cities such as New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas)
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.