B2B Insights Analyst
About the Team:
The B2B Insights & Analytics team is responsible for identifying the most effective means of accelerating the revenue growth of Wayfair’s business customers. With a focus on understanding and improving the impact of proactive sales engagement, we are constantly on the hunt for insight into how our team can unlock growth among new and existing accounts. Working on our team is a premier opportunity to build your career in business and data analytics. We have a big appetite for bold ideas and a strong bias for action.
- Construct experimental design frameworks designed to test the impact of new initiatives. Develop strategies for estimating potential lift and advocate for the initiatives with the highest impact.
- Become a subject matter expert in the B2B data model and provide support to stakeholders who need to understand the current state of the business and the largest areas for growth.
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic questions across the organization and empower others to apply your methodology to new problems.
- Seek out opportunities for improving our data model. Develop clear and compelling arguments for how they should be addressed and push for solutions.
- Identify gaps in our collective knowledge, as well as areas of operational inefficiency. Develop innovative solutions to improve overall access to data and increase team efficiency.
Projects Might Include:
- Investigate the revenue and profit dynamics of specific classes of products (e.g. Reception Chairs) that B2B customers purchase and help develop a game plan to increase revenue, profitably.
- Use web browsing behavior to identify customers who are most likely to make a purchase when contacted by a sales representative and quantify the impact of the sales outreach.
- Scope the impact of a new segmentation strategy that provides more granular tiers of support to customers based on their past activity and engagement.
- Collaborate with an engineering team to implement an internal tool that helps sales representatives better understand their accounts
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in a quantitative field (computer science, economics, statistics, engineering, etc.)
- Have experience using SQL to write highly performant, complex queries
- Desire to automate repetitive tasks and seek out opportunities to do so
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Comfort making decisions with incomplete data
- Familiarity with Excel
- Strongly Preferred:
- Knowledge of a high-level programming languages, such as Python, R, Ruby, etc.
- If not proficient with Python, a strong interest to learn the stack
- Interest in learning advanced SQL (creating and using user-defined functions, developing stored procedures, managing automated jobs)
- Comfort with participating in peer code review
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.