Cloud Performance Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced performance engineer within our Site Reliability Engineering teams. In this role you will be responsible for design, development and execution of performance tests – load, stress, reliability, failover testing as well as analysis, optimization and providing performance tuning recommendations to development at Wayfair.
You are among those who work very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality and reliability in our infrastructure. You would work as the liaison between software and infrastructure engineering.
Roles and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of test strategies, plans, analysis and reporting
- Infrastructure, system and software performance and capacity analysis
- Solve challenging software and hardware performance optimizations problems across the platform
- Linux and Windows kernel level tuning
- Load and Stress analysis of application performance
- Interface with Business and SW Engineering teams to jointly develop go live roadmap
- Identify opportunities to help other engineering teams with performance and optimization
- Help scale and expedite the company’s move into Google cloud platform
- At least 5 years of experience working as a performance and/or system engineer
- Hands-on experience with designing, building and maintaining performance and automation tests
- Solid understanding of On Prem to Cloud evolution as well as hands on experience working with public cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Understanding of software architecture to help software developers to leverage the platform with reliability
- Experience with open source load testing tools such as Apache JMeter, httperf etc and APM, infrastructure monitoring tools like DataDog or NewRelic
- Software development skills (at least one) – Python, GO, Java, Ruby, C# or PHP
- Experience with SQL databases – querying, profiling and performance tuning
- Understanding of operating systems, virtualization, Linux internals and networking
- Hands-on experience with Puppet, HashiCorp suite (Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and performance testing containerized applications
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.