The entry level Fraud Analyst will work cooperatively within the Order Management Ops team, primarily to process and verify orders for fraudulent activity and processing errors. The ideal candidate has experience in retail or e-commerce environment, is a quick learner, can work efficiently, and is detail-oriented.
This position has a schedule working Tuesday - Saturday. The weekend day can be done remotely from home.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Screening of orders for fraudulent activity, special order requests, and potential processing issues
- Identify and cancel fraudulent orders
- Assist Customer Service and other departments with processing related issues as they arise
- Process order and inquiries within internal service levels
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Retail and/or Operations (Supply Chain) background
- 2 or 4 year college degree
- Computer savvy
- Self-reliant and able to motivate others
- Familiarity with Excel a plus
- A sense of humor is most welcome too
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.