Product Manager- Supplier Media Systems
Product Manager - Supplier Media Systems
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead a key initiative within our Product Media Systems team. The Product Media Systems team is responsible for the ingestion, management, storage, and tagging of all images, videos, documents, and 3D models from our Suppliers and Photo Production Team. As part of this team, you will create & drive a roadmap of work aimed at improving our Supplier Extranet content upload experience. You will partner with directors and other stakeholders across departments to understand Media needs; identify gaps in current product capabilities; define product design & functional requirements/capabilities; and work with UX designers and engineers to execute on those through implementation & impact evaluation.
Who We Are:
Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Logistics, Media, and Enterprise platforms) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for the Supplier Extranet Media Submission platform
- Disseminate progress updates to key stakeholders across Site Merchandising, Category Management, Operations, Product Catalog, etc.
- Identify gaps in Extranet Media Submission experience & downstream processes, and devise creative, scalable solutions that involve improvements to UX, technology platform, and operational process
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to gather process insights and ideas, and synthesize into overarching strategic roadmap vision
- Work with UX design team to translate myriad business requirements into a user-friendly, technologically performant design
- Utilize data to evaluate the scope, impact, and priority of project ideas & opportunities, using directional insight where clear data is not readily available
- Engage with Wayfair’s Suppliers to gather feedback insights that deepen our understanding of user needs and inform feature development
- Coordinate with key stakeholders & other senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Sample projects include: Scaling out our video ingestion capability to include hosted video solutions, partnering with Site Merchandising on Imagery Standards, and undertaking UX overhaul of our media ingestion pathways
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Lead a small team of product associates to drive product management and roadmap across key functional areas of internal stakeholder groups
- Monitor quality, stability, scalability of platforms owned
- Have a demonstrated record of strong results as a Product Manager (preferably e-commerce), ideally with internal end-user tools & systems
- Are able to distill complex problems & inputs into organized, prioritized solution plans
- Have strong team leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, developing team/people)
- Are able to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Have an aptitude for quantitative reasoning: are able to dig into data to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to tools & processes
- Are able to work independently and motivate teams to move beyond existing practices
- Are a creative thinker with an outcome-focused product orientation
- Have a technical and/or analytical aptitude or background (enough to be dangerous)
- 5-10 years product management / management consultancy experience working with operational systems
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or a technical business discipline preferred, MBA a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results within an Agile delivery model
- Very organized; able to prioritize information/tasks among wide range of inputs
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven ability to manage and execute small to medium-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Willingness to sound the alarm when projects are going off-track
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.