Manager, B2B Operational Finance
The B2B Strategic Operational Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Manager to drive critical projects that promote the success and efficiency of Wayfair’s B2B program. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility to leadership in order to make better strategic and operational decisions.
The Strategic Operational Finance organization partners with sales operations, marketing, business planning and business intelligence teams to provide economic insight into operational decisions. By analyzing the financial implications of operational changes, we enable these teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as CFO function for the B2B business, using data to inform strategic and financial decisions
- Manage the B2B P&L, working cross-functionally to optimize B2B’s profitability
- Influence decisions through analysis and modeling to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization
- Coordinate and collaborate with all B2B stakeholders to cover all key performance metrics, and ensure successful end-to-end understanding of business performance, strategies, processes, and planning
- Partner with Sales Operations to manage sales team headcount strategy, driving to maximize ROI
- Own the quarterly business planning process, coordinating across the organization to prioritize and set goals and ensure consistency, accuracy, and accountability
- Prepare proposals to summarize findings and present recommendations to senior leadership
- Provide day to day financial analysis, modeling, and other analytical support for the B2B business
- Have a desire to develop as a manager of people; there is the opportunity for strong performers to grow into a management role
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of work experience in investment banking, management consulting, or strategic finance strongly preferred
- A degree in Finance, Operations Management, Economics, Mathematics, or other concentrations with a heavy analytical focus is desirable, but not required
- Ability to ‘tell the story’, persuasive communicator who can summarize and clearly articulate complex concepts, including effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- Ability to build strong relationships, working productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.