Sr. Manager - Inventory Planning
Senior Manager, Inventory Planning Strategy
About the Role:
Operating at the intersection of business strategy and operations, this team has been created to drive key initiatives around Availability: faster delivery, product selection and inventory in-stock. There are multiple ways to improve availability, through Wayfair-owned inventory, the CastleGate program, or through Supplier drop-ship fulfillment.
This team will help improve customer experience, drive significant revenue growth, and provide a competitive advantage. The team will implement an optimal combination of tactics for specific categories, suppliers, and products using a combination of creativity, analytics, understanding of business operations, and relationship management. This team is at the cross-road of strategic supplier and item selection, supply-chain optimization decisions, inventory staging and flow, demand consolidation tactics, and other new, category-specific solutions.
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience in business management, driving organizational change, and championing innovative thinking to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair. This role will lead the development of metrics, systems, and processes for the availability business model.
A successful Senior Manager of Inventory Strategy will:
- Develop product flow strategy for key decisions including supplier/item selection, inventory flow and positioning with associated business case and plan
- Partner with leaders across Category Management, Operations Product Innovation (Product Management), Operations Research, and other Operations teams to develop a strategy for building an infrastructure of technology, data, people, and processes that would result in optimal Inventory Planning decision-making and successful execution across all sourcing options
- Identify the KPIs for measuring success of the availability program and identifying the necessary steps to build and deliver the KPIs
- Create a framework by which planners can engage with suppliers to drive success, including synchronization of data/inputs, replenishment execution, forecast consumption, and performance management
- Outline the technology and tools necessary for successful process execution or enhancements to the current technology infrastructure
- Lead a team to tactically manage the replenishment process, supplier communications, operations communications to achieve in-stock and speed goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in operations, engineering, consulting, strategy or finance with direct management experience preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently partner with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
- Proficiency with SQL and ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing a competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. To accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. Suppliers ship inventory directly to Wayfair warehouses on consignment. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.