Senior Analytics Manager - Service Innovation
The Service Innovation team is looking to add a leader to their group! This person will leverage big data and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations.
Who we are: Service Innovation team is an analytics group embedded within our Service Organization that seeks to improve the customer experience by using big data and corresponding analyses to improve people allocation, processes, and technology. The team is cross-functional in their approach, working with teams such as R&D, Transportation & Logistics, and Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning in order to drive change that benefits Wayfair’s customer base.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of Sr. Analysts within the Service Innovation Team
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Drive creation of user facing data visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- Develop ad-hoc statistical models to estimate the impact of a specific recommendation while controlling for factors that may introduce noise into the analysis
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Work collaboratively with Wayfair’s Business Intelligence team on ongoing projects and DASH reports for the Service Innovation Team.
- Analyze inbound call data to pinpoint root cause of customer issues and prioritize efforts at reducing the first contact
- Analyze service performance after a call is placed and develop recommendations for things like call routing, issue handling, and resolution types to reduce follow-on calls and improve customer satisfaction
- Work with engineering to design, pilot, and measure the impact of a new webpage feature on customer purchase behavior
- Analyze the impact of fast deliveries vs. accurate deliveries on customer satisfaction in order to optimize delivery expectations on storefront
- Conduct clustering analysis based on customer post-order experience and behavior, translate the results to actionable customer service strategies, and evaluate the final outcomes
- 6+ years post Bachelors or 4+ years post advanced degree work experience in an analytical, client facing role in a fast paced environment like consulting, e-commerce/technology company or startup
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative field like Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Information System strongly preferred
- Extensive Excel or SQL experience required; R, Python or other programming skills preferred
- Experience building and managing a team
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and best practices; understanding of data flow from source systems into the BI data warehouse; Experience with data extraction, manipulation and blending across different data sources; ability to identify and troubleshoot data flow and/or ETL challenges
- Familiarity with different database schemas (structured & unstructured), ETL processes, ability to work with large data sets
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Highly analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including corporate and front-line teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.