Director of Product Management, Media
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for crafting the vision and delivering the execution and analysis necessary to delight all of our customers (suppliers, consumers, advertisers, and more!) with world class experiences on our websites and apps. One of our most strategic company initiatives is Media, which takes many forms: onsite advertising for suppliers and non-suppliers, sponsored products, custom sponsorships, brand partnerships, and more. We are aggressively investing in this business and are experience significant growth - and plan to for years to come.
As the Director of Product Management for Media, you’ll be responsible and accountable for growing the Media business by enriching our existing onsite advertising product offering and creating new revenue opportunities for the portfolio. You will do this by leading a team of Product Managers and Engineers, partnering with the Media Business General Manager, the Media Account Services and Sales teams, and with many other teams across Storefront and Wayfair.
Our Media business is a critical part of Wayfair’s strategy. Building the relationship between sellers and buyers in the Wayfair marketplace will continue to unlock tremendous value for suppliers, consumers, and advertisers. We believe in backing winning initiatives at Wayfair, and in doing so we need an outstanding product leader to drive this for the company.
- Grow the Media business by establishing a vision, developing a strategy, and executing a product roadmap for our Media Product portfolio and platform that delivers top line revenue growth.
- Work closely and partner with the Media Business GM and the extended Media team to ensure alignment of business priorities to product strategy and execution
- Collaborate with senior leaders and executives across Wayfair to evangelize the product vision and strategy for Media, gaining alignment and unblocking progress where necessary
- Lead a fast-growing team cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, and Designers, building strong team culture and developing exceptional talent for the Product Managers on your direct reporting line. Current product organization consists of several dedicated product managers, a dedicated engineering team and dedicated product design and analytics resources. This is a rapidly growing part of our business and this team needs to succeed and grow with your leadership
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
- 10+ years Product management experience (including 3+ years digital Media product management experience, e.g. AdTech, MarTech, Publisher, or Ecommerce)
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences; strong web or app UI/UX experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Experience working with or on ad-serving platforms, systems, tools, and/or customer experience preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.