Product Design Director - Enterprise
Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask “Why?”
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’ve got to meet.
This new, Director-level role will lead our Operations Product Innovation (OPI) Product Design efforts. As the the leader of this wide-ranging org, you will play a key role in growing the team focused on internal/supplier systems. You’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work transforming the online ecosystem and toolset behind Wayfair.com’s success. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, and creative individual with a passion for transforming complexity, logistics, process, and volumes of information into highly intuitive online solutions.
This individual will work with teams across the company, including leaders from Category Management, Supplier Operations, Merchandising, Engineering, Sales & Operations Planning, and Fulfillment and Logistics. The scope of impact is broad, with accountability for developing and maturing a shared vision for supplier products across entire supplier relationship lifecycle that drives increased supplier engagement by streamlining operational task work, improving user coaching and support, and providing unique insight to supplier executive users to propel growth for their business.
This role will lead a team of high performing Product Design Managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Product Management and Engineering. The leader will also be a key contributor to our supplier engagement strategy, challenging current models of support, and establishing new approaches made possible through product innovation. The products you build will be a key driver in the growth and success of our supplier partners.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a user-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for B2B collaboration and performance management tools in ecommerce.
We’re looking for a strong product thinker who can clearly communicate their ideas from a high-level view of our customer experience, as well as dive into the details to help our product teams deliver world-class products and services. Your ability to identify, influence, and prioritize opportunities for greatest impact paired with your leadership and mentorship of great designers will craft a platform allowing amazing design to happen.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the work of a multi-disciplinary design team comprised of product designers, researchers, and content strategists
- Find and hire the best talent to comprise a complementary set of thinkers who continually push one another to achieve great results
- Set the example for what product design is at Wayfair
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive of other leaders across the company in the areas of product management, engineering, merchandising, marketing, brand partnerships, and customer support to impact the scale of design
- Conduct design initiatives across multiple workgroups, coordinating efforts to achieve unified solutions for touchpoints across the customer’s journey
- Engage in design community activities to further promote awareness of the product design team and its achievements
- Driven by experience, make calls from the gut when pure quantitative data isn’t conclusive
- Abolish the status quo and achieve new design standards across both the company and the industry
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
Who you are:
- 10-15+ years' experience in Product Design that supports business analysis & technology implementation, ideally in a consulting,enterprise, retail or high complexity B2B market
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Demonstrated success in aligning of vision and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments
- Application of product design mechanics in multi-user applications (ex. operational, executive, internal users)
- Effective results in building and transforming product design
- Development and delivery of solutions in highly technical and quantitative domains
- Introduction of product into mobile channels to effectively change customer behavior
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
This is a rare opportunity to help grow and curate the work of designers who have the ability to drive incredible product solutions across an industry. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.