Procurement Specialist, International Supply Chain
Asia Consolidation, International Supply Chain
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated and vertically integrated supply chain. To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create a supply chain network throughout China and Southeast Asia. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
We are looking for a Procurement Analyst who will help lead the strategic sourcing of carriers and drive operational excellence at all warehouses in Asia. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year.
What you will do:
- Develop applicable sourcing strategies
- Discover 3PLs who are complementary partners to our mission
- Engage and reengage carriers to build and maintain relationships
- Negotiate with outside suppliers to obtain valuable terms and conditions
- Examine existing contracts and determine areas of opportunity
- Analyze risk and perform risk management of supply base
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure suppliers are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach
Traits and skills
- Natural-born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable speaking with people and answering questions you may not be prepared for
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.”
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Analytical thinker – you’re good with numbers, which might be why you’re always the one to split the bill at dinner
- Execution – you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Experience with:
- SQL or other database querying experience
- Project Management
- Proficient in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.