Logistics Program Manager, Home Services
Manager - Home Services • Boston, MA
New Market Opportunities, Home Services
Wayfair is looking for a tenacious and entrepreneurial manager who can find, recruit, evaluate, and motivate a great team to help expand one of Wayfair’s fastest growing businesses. Wayfair Home Services connects our customers to qualified professionals (“pros”) to assemble and install the products they fall in love with on Wayfair.com, because our customers don’t buy pieces of a bed, they buy the finished product. We help our customers realize their vision of home-heaven.
You’ll have a primary responsibility to improve customer experience, identify opportunities to expand service coverage and capabilities, and assess the quality of our service acquisition channels.
You’ll work closely with senior business leadership and other cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Product, Analytics, Pricing, and Design. We hope you’ll help us continue to drive a new and exciting services business model for Wayfair.
- Lead team of pro management specialists
- Attract, train, and onboard top talent for the growing Home Services team
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, their key value propositions, technology needs, and the ways Wayfair can uniquely attract and delight them
- Evaluate pro performance, service supply operations, pro value propositions, and influence pricing and incentive structure
- Benchmark competitive capabilities and long-term risks presented by alternative business models
- Define, monitor, and deliver on operational KPIs
- Use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify the areas that affect our KPIs the most and produce action plans to implement those findings
- Liaison and build strong relationships with various product and functional groups within Wayfair, including marketing, analytics, and product category stakeholders
- Determine and persuasively communicate the roadmap for scaling the business and the resourcing requirements
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, operations, logistics, or product management
- Strong team leader and mentor to internal team members and ability to develop genuine relationships with our external partners
- Ability to move quickly, deal with ambiguity and re-assess ops requirements as we quickly scale the business
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent cross-functional organization, communication, and persuasion skills
- Ability to understand business impacts of pro and partner performance
- Experience in 2-sided marketplaces, ecommerce platforms, mobile apps and web, operations or start-ups a strong plus
- Degree in technical or business discipline preferred but not required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.