Regional Director of Warehouse Operations
The Regional Director of Warehouse Operations will be a key member of the Wayfair operations team. The position will require a leader to both develop and manage a large team over multiple sites in the Northeast; handling both small parcel and freight products for the leading home furnishings and décor site; Wayfair.com. The facilities will include sites totaling over 4 million square feet designed to support our fulfillment operations and cross-dock functions. Fast paced environment with frequent change to processes driving key customer performance stats.
- Strategic leader in our fulfillment and cross-docking network.
- Set performance goals around cost as well as exceptionally high levels of customer service.
- Will involve multiple implementations and site realignments.
- Manage the day to day operations for fulfillment operations for both freight and small parcel products as well as oversee additional sites.
- Develop staffing and productivity planning metrics for all segments of the operations.
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategy to efficiently support special projects as well as new service offerings.
- In close coordination with planning and marketing teams, monitor and project space and expansion needs.
- Engage with senior management in Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Finance, and Customer Service.
- Maintain solid inventory control processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA is a plus.
- Any industry certifications and development are a plus.
- 10-15 years of progressive upward experience in distribution and logistics functions; preferably in the E-Commerce industry.
- Clear background in large network driven organization.
- Previous experience managing large scale; multi-site operations.
- Planning and budgeting experience.
- Strong WMS / LMS systems background.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
- Detail oriented, strong communication and collaborative skills.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.