Senior Training Manager - Instructional Design
Senior Training Manager - Instructional Design
Wayfair, the leading retailer in online home goods, has an exciting opening for an experienced Instructional Design Senior Manager, working as part of the Wayfair Sales and Service Training Team in Europe. This position will play an important role in supporting the development of our Sales & Service teams in a fast-growing environment across multiple sites and functions.
The Instructional Design Senior Manager will oversee the creation of various training program materials, including new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, online course development and maintenance, leadership training programs, as well as other training dictated by business needs.
Location: Galway or Berlin
The Instructional Design Senior Manager is responsible for leading a team of instructional designers and consulting with EU Sales & Service leaders to assess training needs, and utilize effective instructional design methods to build training programs to meet business needs. This position will be responsible for leading the development of a variety of learning solutions, including classroom training, curriculum development, online/e-learning courses, virtual learning programs, facilitation guides, job aids, etc. to support training across multiple functions and locations.
The Training Content Development Manager reports to the Head of Employee Development for the EU Sales & Service organization, and coordinates with Wayfair Sales & Service senior leaders as well as across the Sales & Service Training Team.
- Establish content development strategy to support fast-growing operational needs across multiple functions and locations.
- Lead development of training materials using a variety of delivery methods, including online, classroom and virtual learning.
- Oversee and develop a team of content development specialists to support business needs across multiple sites
- Consult with Sales & Service leadership to assess training needs and prioritize deliverables
- Ensure training programs and materials include sound learning and evaluation techniques and instructional design methods
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing instructional design teams, preferably supporting a customer service organization.
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in instructional design and curriculum development, in a call center environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of instructional design methodologies and techniques, such as ADDIE, SAM etc
- Demonstrates creativity in designing training materials using a variety of modalities – including e-learning, video, simulations, gamification, instructor-led, and virtual delivery – to enhance learning and engagement
- Ability to consult with multiple levels within the organization to assess training needs and recommend viable design solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of course evaluation methodologies to measure operational impact
- Strong collaborator across Training Team, and Operations stakeholders
- Project management experience, leading large scale instructional design projects
- Ability to change direction and priorities frequently in a fast-paced business environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline and other course authoring software, as well as virtual learning platforms.
- Experience working in and managing LMS as well as distance learning systems
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business priorities
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team, on multiple projects, within an environment that can be fast-paced.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate with stakeholders across the Sales & Service organization.
What Wayfair Offers to our Employees:
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership contribution
- Monthly Team outings
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Bus Saver Ticket scheme
- Training Programs for continued career education
- Paid Volunteering Day
- And free snacks, tea and coffee!
Note: WAYFAIR is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.