Human Resources Manager
As a Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and directing HR functions and or programs for Wayfair’s Eugene, Oregon location. You will maintain and enhance the human resources department by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary.
• Oversee and administer the HR role for the site including transactional and strategic HR functions
• Manage the onsite HR staff
• Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
• Make recommendations to improve employee engagement •Prepare for and conduct new-hire onboarding and orientation
• Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
• Support performance management and compensation
• Serve as a consultant to management and employees by listening to issues and concerns, and making recommendations for resolutions
• Oversee and administer benefits programs, including annual open enrollment
• Collaborate with Wayfair HR partners within Wayfair to share and develop best practices and drive consistency of these practices
• Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
• Perform thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Manage and track FMLA, Short-term disability, ADA, and other leaves of absence
• Work closely with Management and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
• Stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
• Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
• At least 5 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 3 years of HR management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
• PHR-CA or SPHR-CA preferred
• Call Center experience preferred
• Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
• Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
• Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
• Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.