Head of Perigold Profit Management
Head of Perigold Profit Management
Location: Boston, MA
Wayfair is seeking an analytical, highly quantitative, and high energy individual to join the leadership team for the latest Wayfair brand – Perigold.
At its core, Profit Management is focused on steering growth strategy and analytics across Wayfair’s brands, by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics and cutting-edge data science techniques. This tight-knit team has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions with unique executive-level visibility.
This team directly manages Wayfair’s profitability via dynamic pricing and product sorting algorithms to balance the delicate tradeoff between short and long term profit, while working cross-functionally to affect product selection, merchandising, operations, and marketing initiatives. The team leverages unique, proprietary, and massive datasets coupled with a constant flow of experimentation on consumer response to answer thorny strategic questions that guide go-to-market strategy. Strong candidates will be highly entrepreneurial, excited to analyze big data, and eager to engage as a thought leader while collaborating with a highly cross-functional group of business partners.
- Build consensus on strategy for a major Brand – Where does the brand have a right to win? What does healthy cross-shopping behavior look like in a family of brands world?
- Measure the opportunity cost of replacing high performing email content with a link to a strategic initiative. Does the upside justify the cost?
- Evaluate the ROI of a newly proposed Return Policy by measuring and comparing short term conversion rate changes, long term customer lifetime value implications, and the financial cost of potential increases in return volume
- Develop the growth strategy for a product class by working closely with cross functional teams to understand competitive dynamics and positioning, sales and margin impact, outlining operational initiatives, and ultimately executing on the path to profitability
- Develop a framework for intelligently selling through aged inventory by leveraging many available levers (price, exposure on the website, inclusion in planned promotions) and accounting for various inputs in profitability
- Leverage tens of millions of daily competitor price crawls and hundreds of millions of rows of Wayfair transactional and site navigation data to re-define Wayfair’s measurement of price competitiveness to account for competitor importance by product type and geography
Ideal Qualities and Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- MBA preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus (GPA > 3.5 preferred)
- Experience leading analytical, consulting, or other client-facing teams
- Strong communication skills – ability to summarize and share results with executives
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Intellectually curious, high energy, with a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high stakes team environment
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in SQL
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.