Customer Service Manager
- Candidates must possess a strong sense of urgency, experience in leadership roles as well as people management experience.
- Previous work in a call center is highly preferred but not required for consideration.
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for providing the highest level of customer service possible and be comfortable navigating within a very fast-paced and growing eCommerce environment.
The Customer Service Manager may act as the "manager on duty" in the absence of other managerial personnel. This includes responding to sales and service inquiries via telephone and email correspondence. This may also occur during peak season when the call centers are especially busy.
- Manages a team of 12- 18 consultants of varying skill levels and experiences.
- Supervises Sales and Service Consultants answering calls and/or emails from customers seeking assistance with post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status and back order inquiries, and any other issues that may arise from the order fulfillment process.
- Helps consultants meet customer satisfaction, resolution targets, exceed customer expectations, build customer loyalty and take advantage of sales opportunities.
- Makes recommendations and / or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate.
- Works closely with Human Resources and Senior Leadership to address and resolve employee issues.
- Effectively interviews and recommends candidates for hire.
- Integral part of the disciplinary and termination process.
- Provides extensive coaching, counseling and managing performance
- Analyzes sales trends based on historical data to close performance gaps.
- Reviews time off requests as appropriate to match staffing level requirements.
- Conducts side-by-side observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews.
- Coaches and develops agents in soft skills and service techniques.
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution.
- Provides back-up support by taking calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Company and/or your director or manager.
- 2+ years leadership experience.
- A college degree is preferred or equivalent job related experience in similar CS management roles.
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results of their team.
- Must be analytical and able to use data and metrics to drive the performance of their team.
- A competitive spirit and desire to succeed as well as the ability to motivate and drive the performancec of their entire team.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to close performance gaps.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling - this role is a full time, salaried position and works in a busy in-bound call center environment.
- Managers are expected to work 4 week days and 1 weekend shift per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to handle stressful customer interactions via telephone and email
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.