Senior Software Engineer (Relocate to Boston)
This position is located at out Headquarters in Boston, MA.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. We’re the creative builders solving complex business problems through the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. From Marketing Service Sales and Proprietary Logistics to Development Platforms, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and engineering tools, and our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
We are looking to hire sharp, logical thinkers who aren't married to any one language. For real, we don’t care what language you grew up with! Wayfair has a wide array of technologies; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Engineering team. If you are truly passionate about technology and can move across the stack to craft solutions for customers, this role may be for you.
This role is located in Boston, MA and would require relocation.
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience with an OO language. We run a modified LAMP stack, but employ Engineers with a huge variety of technical backgrounds
- 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer.
- 5+ years of OOP using PHP, C++, C# or Java
- 3+ years of SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.