Manager, Customer Growth Strategy
Are you passionate about using data analytics to discover trends and help businesses grow? Do you want to have an immediate impact on a fast-paced and constantly evolving company? Are you excited to develop strategies that will take our business to the next level?
Awarded best E-Retail marketer in 2017 by Internet Retailer, our Customer Growth team is responsible for growing brand awareness, acquiring new customers, and getting those customers to come back again. Strong candidates will demonstrate their leadership skills, strategic/analytical mindset, and comfort in a data-driven business environment. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to enter the e-commerce space for the first time or those seeking a new challenge to accelerate the growth of our business. Prior consulting experience is a plus.
Our team is organized into groups for our Wayfair.com, B2B, and Lifestyle Brands (i.e., Joss&Main, Perigold, AllModern, and Birch Lane) each focused on different aspects of the customer experience:
- Vertical Marketing – This team is responsible for the end-to-end growth strategy of different Product Categories (e.g., Furniture, Décor, Appliances, Renovation, etc)
- TV/Online Video – This team is responsible for strategy, show integrations, media placements, and optimization for all TV and Online Video commercials
- Display and Social Media – The Display and Social Media team tackles all display and social media growth campaigns including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
- Direct Mail, Catalog, Affiliates, and Partners – This team vets and cultivates new customer acquisition opportunities, including direct mail, affiliates, e-mail lead generation, sweepstakes, partnerships and special offers, and life-stage targeting.
- Notifications – The Notifications team works on driving retention growth within our current customer base through strategic and triggered email outreach.
- Intent – The Intent team is responsible for day-to-day management of middle of the funnel digital channels. This includes paid search, site retargeting, product listing ads, and comparison shopping engines.
- Loyalty – The Loyalty team is responsible for understanding what actions are causal to customer loyalty, and finding ways to drive these actions to increase our loyal customer base
- Registry – The Registry team is responsible for developing the Wayfair Wedding Registry offering and acquiring new customers via cross-channel activities.
- B2B – The B2B team focuses on reaching business customers, from Fortune 100 businesses to interior designers to daycare centers to contractors. The B2B segment is one of Wayfair’s largest growth areas.
- Support leadership on long-range strategic planning
- Track emerging trends, technologies, and competitive movements to ensure Wayfair’s brand marketing channels are best-in-class
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with external partners and vendors
- Use data-driven insights to build cohesive, compelling business cases/proposals to gain buy-in to invest from senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing small team of analysts
- Join forces with the Data Science and Engineering teams to contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our customer’s experience
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Track record of success driving significant results
- Forward, innovative thinker with a customer-centric mindset
- Able to clearly communicate insights to stakeholders, while explaining nuances and complications
- Advanced excel skills
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL and Test & Learn practices a plus
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to deliver against complex initiatives
- Genuine collaborative team player who wants to see others and themselves thrive
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, Economics, or Mathematics preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.