Ecommerce Customer Experience Leader
What does the Site Merchandising Team Do?
The site merchandising department is responsible for defining and executing a “best in class” experience for customers within each of the diverse product classes that make up our catalog. We are relentless about ensuring that the merchandising data, site features, and overall customer experience is the best that it can be. The department is organized by verticals as follows:
- Furniture & Decor
- Housewares and More
- Appliances and More
- Cross- Catalog
- Combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the home goods retail sector, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy.
- Build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Category Management, Product/Engineering, Creative, Content, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing.
- Advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert on merchandising and traffic to a store/brand or set of categories.
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth.
- Maintain a strong vision for potential site improvements driven by passion for the customer and brand.
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the various sites and product categories.
- Partner across Category Management, Product Management, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Site Merchandising Associates
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on site.
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.